People blog for several reasons. There are those who simply want to put their ideas out there for people to read. Some others want to maximize the opportunity to make money. There are also those who just want to have fun and share something interesting to other people. Whatever your reason for blogging is, the point is that you must be able to attract people to read what you have written. There are many ways to entice potential readers. Of course, it starts by writing something interesting. However, no matter how good you are as a writer if there are some obvious flaws that were left uncorrected, it could potentially hurt your views. Here are some of the blogging mistakes that you need to avoid:
- Writing about popular stories or top news of the day. Though it seems like you are attracting people to read something that is being talked about, the truth is they won’t. If they would love to read news stories, they will surely go to reliable news sites and not your blog. Besides, you will just outsource your blog content from another site and do some changes. It won’t in any way be of help to make your blog more interesting.
- Publishing incorrect information. This is due to lack of research. Take note that as a blogger, you have to be as reliable as possible. The slightest error in a blog might turn your readers off. If unsure about the information, don’t use it in your blog.
- Providing strong reactions or comments about controversial issues. This actually depends on what kind of blog you are writing. If for instance you are writing about a political blog, then it is fine. However, if your line of interest is on a totally different field and you suddenly publish your views about political matters, it might surprise your readers. If you can’t control your emotions, then do a Facebook status or shout it out via Twitter.
- Giving more attention to SEO. Yes, your goal is to attract as many people as possible to read. This is why you optimize certain keywords so your blog will rank high in Google. Of course, when your blog becomes popular, you will have more advertisers. It will eventually turn into a huge amount of money. Though this seems like a good path to take, the truth is that it could hurt the quality of your blog. When so much attention is given to SEO, it might not look as natural as it should be. If you really wish to earn money online, then you can open a free binary options trading account. By then, you will not make your blog as your main source of income online. Besides, these online trading companies are reliable. Those who have tried the Bankdeswiss free binary trading demo for instance have gained huge income already.
- Publishing blogs without editing them well. This is a big no! Read your blog over and over again before deciding to have it published. The moment it goes live, it only takes seconds for it to spread. If you have no time to change the mistakes, people will read about them and could damage your reputation.
Once you have successfully avoided these mistakes, you are definitely heading to the right direction. To top it all, don’t forget to keep on reading so that you can write more interesting blog topics.